Doctoral Symposium on Information and Communication Technologies
The most important conference on Information and Communication Technologies of Ecuador TICEC, creates the first edition of the International Doctoral Symposium on Information and Communication Technologies. This event welcomes doctoral students who have already defined their thesis in areas similar to the Symposium topics. The doctoral student will benefit from external feedback from our international scientific program committee.
Submission Deadline: June 27, 2021
Acceptance Notification: August 15, 2021
Author Registration: August 29, 2021
Camera Ready Submission: August 29, 2021
Conference dates: November 24 - 26, 2021
The Doctoral Symposium Paper describes your PhD research and how you are going to conduct it. The paper must be single-authored by you and should include:
- The title of your research,
- Your contact information (name, affiliation, postal address, personal webpage, and e-mail address),
- An abstract in the style of an abstract for a regular paper,
- A motivation justifying the importance of the research problem,
- Research questions and hypotheses clearly formulating what you want to achieve, solve or demonstrate,
- Technical challenges associated with the research questions,
- A discussion of the state of the art showing what existing work your research builds upon, which existing solutions of the state of the art have been developed including an explanation why they do not solve the problem,
- A section sketching your current and planned contributions, including technical and other aspects,
- A discussion on the originality of your contributions stating how your results go beyond existing approaches,
- A description of the research methods you will use including a strategy for evaluating your work to provide credible evidence of your results,
- A description of the progress you made so far towards completing the research, and
- A list of relevant accepted or published papers you have written if any.
IMPORTANT: The sections of your paper do not have to follow the outlined structure, but they must have similar content. If you are at a relatively early stage of your research, you might have some difficulty addressing all of the content requirements, but you should attempt to do so as well as you can. Your submission should contain no proprietary or confidential material and should cite no proprietary or confidential publications.
Prepare your proposal
To participate in this event, the doctoral student must send his/her manuscript until June 27, 2021 following the format established. Submit your manuscript through easy chair:
Prepare yout manuscript:
The selected Doctoral Symposium papers will be published in the conference proceedings.
The Doctoral Symposium co-chairs will select participants using the following criteria:
- The quality and potential of the research and its relevance to Conference topics,
- The quality of the Doctoral Symposium paper (see section Submission Instructions above), and
- The stage of the research and its suitability for the Doctoral Symposium.
The Doctoral Symposium papers of the selected participants will be published in the conference proceedings.