Doctoral Symposium on Information and Communication Technologies
The most important conference on Information and Communication Technologies of Ecuador TICEC, creates the first edition of the Doctoral Symposium on Information and Communication Technologies - DSICT 2021. This event welcomes students and doctoral candidates to present the progress of their research through the exposition and publication of scientific articles in this meeting that brings together international experts in the areas of ICT. Check the symposium topics.
The doctoral student will benefit from feedback from our international scientific program committee. All presenters will receive a certificate of participation as an exhibitor at the event. All accepted articles will be published in an exclusive volume of DSICT 2021 belonging to the Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering series of Springer (indexed by Scopus).
Submission Deadline closed: July 25, 2021
Acceptance Notification: August 15 - 20, 2021
Author Registration: August 29, 2021
Camera Ready Submission: August 29, 2021
Conference dates: November 24 - 26, 2021
In addition to the presentation of the article related to the doctoral thesis, the doctoral candidate may present:
- A summarize of his/her research,
- A motivation justifying the importance of the research problem,
- Research questions and hypotheses formulating what you want to achieve, solve or demonstrate,
- Technical challenges associated with the research questions,
- A discussion of existing solutions including an explanation of why they do not solve the problem,
- Current and planned contributions, including technical and other aspects,
- A discussion on the originality of your contributions stating how your results go beyond existing approaches,
- A description of the research methods including a strategy for evaluating your work to provide credible evidence of your results,
- A description of the progress you made so far towards completing the research, and
- A list of relevant accepted or published papers you have written if any.
If you are at a relatively early stage of your research, you might have some difficulty addressing all of the content requirements, but you should attempt to do so as well as you can. Your submission should contain no proprietary or confidential material.
Prepare your proposal
To participate in this event, the doctoral student must send his/her manuscript until July 25, 2021, following the format established.
Submit your manuscript through easy chair:
Prepare yout manuscript:
The Doctoral Symposium co-chairs will select participants using the following criteria:
- The quality and potential of the research and its relevance to Conference topics,
- The quality of the Doctoral Symposium paper (see section Submission Instructions above), and
- The stage of the research and its suitability for the Doctoral Symposium.
The Doctoral Symposium papers of the selected participants will be published in the conference proceedings.